Durafly Supermarine Spitfire Mk 24 with Retracts/Flaps/Nav Lights (PNF)
Durafly once again set the standard with this beautiful Mk 24 Spitfire, no Warbird collection could be complete without this most iconic of fighters, the Spitfire was the only allied fighter to be in service from pre to post WW2, this final version of RJ Mitchell’s masterpiece was a testament to the brilliance of his design. The Mk 24′s graceful yet aggressive lines make it one of the most handsome fighters ever built and there can be no doubt, Durafly have captured the very essence of the ultimate Spitfire!
As well as looking fantastic, this Spitfire is plug and fly, meaning very little assembly work is needed. The powerful outrunner motor, ESC, navigation lights, servoless electric retracts, split flaps & servos are all pre-installed leaving you with little to do, in fact you could easily be in the air in less than half an hour! At 1100mm wing span, the Spitfire is easy to transport, helped by it’s easily removable wing and as it uses the ever-green 2200mAh 3s Lipoly battery, the Spit is as practical and cheap to run as the rest of the Durafly range. The modular design of the Spitfire also means parts are easy and fast to replace in the case of the worst happening, so your pride and joy can look pristine at all times!
We have flown this superb Spitfire extensively during testing and it will not disappoint, it is easy to fly but is so realistic and capable that it will satisfy the most seasoned warbird pilot. The proper split flaps, which are operated by “slow” servos offer rock solid low speed confidence without a hint of ballooning or pitch change when deployed. Spitfires have a reputation for being prone to ground handling difficulties at times but not this Spitfire! The combination of raked forward, yet scale looking & pre-installed retracts, effective tailwheel steering and generous size scale rudder make this Spitfire amazingly well behaved on the ground. This is the best Durafly Warbird yet, it is easy to build and fly yet offers superbly realistic speed, climb rate & aerobatic performance while being practical yet charismatic, it is a true classic!
• Ultra High Level of Scale Detail
• Exclusive and Unique Spitfire Mark
• High Quality Construction & Finish
•Unbeatable combination of genuine scale looks and high level of features fitted as standard
• Offers a wide flight envelope combining stability & predictability with excellent performance and genuine aerobatic precision
• Stable and Predictable Slow and Scale Flight Performance
• Plug & Fly, simply add RX and Lipoly (not included) and fly!
• Pre-Installed Scale Split Flaps with slow servo’s for added realism and to help prevent ballooning
• Pre-Installed Servoless Retracts with rubber tyres & gear doors AS STANDARD
• Tough EPO Foam Construction
• Pre-Installed Navigation Lights
• Easy and Fast Construction
• Fast access Battery hatch
• Steerable Tail Wheel with Independent adjustment
• Raked U/C to prevent nose overs
Flying Weight: 1200g
Motor: 3536 750kv Brushless Outrunner Motor
ESC: 35A w/BEC
Wing Area: 21.9dm2
Wing Loading: 54.5/dm2
Full photo manual
Your Own 6 Channel TX/RX
2200mAh 3s Lipoly Battery
This plane is sold out on HobbyKing.com, check out our other planes in the Durafly range.